Friday, September 14, 2007

Getting sick

For the past 5 or 6 days I've had a slight soreness in the back of my throat. The kind you wake up with and think "it's nothing" and then the next day you are full blown, can't-get-out-of-bed sick. Except it hasn't progressed to that point.

I've increased my vitamin intake, particularly vitamin C (5-8 grams daily at the moment). As of today my throat is no longer sore but I am feeling sluggish and my nose/head is congested.

I'm really hoping that this goes away within the next day or two. At the very least I hope it doesn't interfer with the attempt itself.

The good news is that I received the permit for the velodrome. I have talked to Alan and though he won't be able to officiate himself, he did say he could find someone who can. I have my aero-bars, skinsuit and TT helmet, and I should be picking up my disk wheel, aero-booties and tri-spoke this weekend.

I've also been looking into phosphate loading, which involves taking sodium phosphate for 4 days prior to the event. In several studies it was found to increase performance on a 40k TT by up to 8%.

I hope I'm ready.

No comments: